Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst
Location: Lake Zurich, IL, US, 60047
Achieve. Create. Collaborate. Organize.
Essential brands. Innovative products. Smart investment. Winning team. This is what you will find at ACCO Brands. We are passionate about building a culture that is committed to the success of our employees. If you are looking for an organization that offers rewarding opportunities and is dedicated to team orientation, learning and development, and flourishes with success, we invite you to be a part of building our company for the future.
ACCO Brands is seeking a Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst to join our team in Lake Zurich, IL. Reporting to the VP, Global Cybersecurity, this position will serve as the subject matter expert on all cybersecurity matters, technical and otherwise, involving the security and protection of information systems, data and the organizations assets. This role will include engaging in cybersecurity control and process improvement activities, being a key member of the cybersecurity incident response team, driving and assisting in cybersecurity projects, performing cybersecurity operations responsibilities, third party reviews and other related activities.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the cybersecurity industry, including awareness of security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners.
- Lead and assist in creating effective controls to address security gaps and remediation efforts
- Perform daily cadences, which includes monitoring and reviewing of cybersecurity systems, investigating events and incidents.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements for existing IT solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Assist at Implementing the cybersecurity roadmap and enhancing maturity.
- Perform maturity and organizations annual risk assessment.
- Drive the Threat Vulnerability process to Identify threats and exploits, and make recommendations to mitigate exploits and vulnerabilities.
- Partner with global teams to drive remediation of exploits and vulnerabilities that meets SLA requirements.
- Drive and configure annual phishing and social engineering campaigns.
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security strategy, processes and procedures.
- Lead and assists in driving security related projects as applicable.
- Investigate cybersecurity violations to determine if the organizations environment has been breached, assess the impact and preserve the evidence.
- Enhance the security education, training and awareness program for the organization.
- Assist in managing, maintaining and executing a continuous incident monitoring program.
- Perform control validation and remediation validation to ensure controls comply with security policies, procedures and technical requirements.
- Create periodic metric reports and slides to demonstrate control effectiveness using monitoring tools.
- Lead incident response activities, including incident discovery, investigation, containment, remediation, recovery and closure.
- Perform root cause analysis and create reports based on outcomes of incident investigations.
- Provides project support for both IT and business initiatives to ensure security controls are built in from the beginning of the project.
- Perform third party security risk assessments, share results and recommend a remediation approach.
- Analyze system performance for potential security problems. Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data trends.
- Collaborate with other Teams to ensure appropriate security incident management and threat response processes are followed.
- Expected to stay up to date on the latest cybersecurity intelligence, including hacking methodologies and the kill chain, in order to anticipate security breaches and compromises.
- Ensures control compliance with audit, regulatory, and legal requirements, such as PCI, GDPR and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Bachelor’s degree in information security (or associated discipline) plus at least 2 years of experience working with vulnerability management, incident response; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Broad knowledge of networking, infrastructure, and application technologies, including SIEM (Security Incident Event Management) approach to log management.
- General understanding of PCI DSS requirements and controls.
- Security certification is preferred (CISSP, CISA, CEH).
- Work both independently and as part of a team at all levels and across all business units.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and how they interact together.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of information security risk and countermeasures.
- Specific technical knowledge in Office 365, endpoint security solutions, Windows security, Internet technologies, Networking technologies and Encryption technologies.
- Experience interacting with a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) a plus
- Experience with next generation antivirus, email hygiene solutions, SSO, MFA and next generation firewalls is preferred
You know our brands. You love our brands. You just may not know they are ours.
If you have touched a PowerA® gaming controller, a Five Star® notebook, a Swingline® stapler, a Quartet® dry erase board, or a Kensington® computer mouse, you have touched part of ACCO Brands Corporation. With annual revenues of over $2 Billion, ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO) designs, markets, manufactures and sells branded academic, consumer and business products globally. The power of our brands, our unmatched global customer reach, and our strategic market strengths put us in a position to achieve global leadership and growth. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation and are focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers by providing unique, cutting-edge, branded products.
Apply and build a successful future with ACCO Brands.
Click here to learn more about our employee benefits.
More information about ACCO Brands, the Home of Great Brands Built by Great People, can be found at www.accobrands.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At ACCO Brands, we are committed to providing an environment of fairness and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical and mental disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. ACCO Brands believes that a diverse and inclusive work environment is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be provided in all parts of the recruiting process as required under the ACCO Brands Canada AODA policy. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.